Tuesday 1 May 2012

Typographic Poetry, promotional posters

So, even though the main focus within this brief was to explore poetry and type and layout. I have branched out to give it a context (Waterstones). There will be a permenant section of the store dedicated to the publications. However I am producing a poster that would be featured within bus stops etc.. to help advertise the new publication. These posters will also be featured in the windows somewhere, so an obvious link can be made.



Not too keen on all of the colours, doesn't communicate the publication itself that well. 




I like the layout of this one, with the box being centered and other 'chaos' happening around it. 

--------------------------------

LAYOUT OF TYPE VARIATIONS.







-------------------------------------


too wordy, too much going on, I don't want to give too much away on the poster, some sort of element of unknowing. 



large type with a smaller info at the bottom, I think this and a box in the centre communicates promotional the strongest.


Black and the colour I feel make the poster too complicated.

----------------------------------

Black and white, very simple. I quite like having the type outlined, not as harsh as block. 



Layering the squares to give them slightly more body, so the poster has some sort of colour.

----------------------


This looks too much like a cover as appose to a poster. I think it also makes it look slightly boring and not as experimental as it could be.