Monday 21 May 2012

Book brief - in store design.. trying to improve

There is a poster that hangs up next to the area, it's the promotional poster I designed. However, I feel it doesn't suit this context as appropriately. I feel I need to design a simpler one.


Also the two birds clash a bit, taking away the specialness of the main bird on the right.


This poster still has the boldness of the colour and the type etc.. but the bird isn't on it, which I think helps to maintain the significance of the bird on the wall in the shop.



Trying out with a book shelf in the foreground to give the sense of content in the image. 
Or I could just crop the image, 


This looks a lot better.


---------------

I think it looks dull...
The original images are quite orangey, so I didn't want to layer it with a further yellow fill colour to group it up. I changed the dark blue layer, to a more subtle grey blue, 




I think it looks slightly warmer, but also looking more grouped together