Wednesday 16 May 2012

Typographic Poetry - bringing it into screen.

Website.

When designing the promotional posters I typed at the bottom "see website for further details", this then gave me another job, to produce a website template.

I am going to do a design for the Love season, seeing as that is the collection I am completing fully for board purposes and portfolio.

NEED TO PRINT FOLD OUT POSTER FOR LOVE 
Personal reminder ^^^^^^^^


-------------------------------------

For the homepage, I have always had the idea of wanting to have a short animation of the featured type.




When you first go on the website, this slithers across your page. Each quarter would be the specific type, displayed in different ways and animations. I feel for this particular type, it suits almost being like a worm/tube follows itself across.


after the animation, the logo comes up in the top left corner. 

if you click the logo, then the information is TYPED onto the screen. 
You then have to click the 'Love'


IVE JUST REALISED. 
I think that this should be linked from the Waterstones website, seeing as it's part of the bookshop.


Should it link directly into it, i.e design using Waterstones template??? 
or link from it, going to another separate website??


I could design within the grey lines? 
I think that's best, seeing as it is IN the bookshop. 




Like this??
With a small design within the white box.
I also thought about having the type over the back of the website??

I might just have the colour box without the text?

This looks slightly cleaner and doesn't take away too much attention from the space. 


There are two options to choose from this page, 
What's in the pack?
and 
Order you first issue FREE!

In the promotional poster it's stated that you can order your first issue free. I think this is a good way to build an interest for the customers. 

There is also another section I might add, that specifies if you are ordering in bulk you can get a discount. This would be beneficial for schools/colleges/unis, they could order a batch for a discounted price.


first free issue!!!!


-------------------------------------

option to buy the poems as an ebook??
order online ? £3.99??????