Thursday 17 May 2012

Syntax - further context

This is the image I have decided to use when portraying my idea for having a glowing backdrop.



cutting around the image...... loong.


I placed the image behind the image, and increased the black levels of it as well. They had a few orange stains left over from the previous glow that came off the image, so I overlaid a black photo filter to discard any unwanted colour. 

I am happy with this as it gives an idea of what I had in my head. I didn't want to have anything else in the back drop as I feel it would take away from the music. The colours speak for themselves, and feature a lot in throughout the gig's merchandise. The colours almost act as the element of branding the gig. 




GLOW STICKS

I have decided that glow sticks would be sold at the gig as well, to enhance the colourful and light effect that runs throughout the experience.





I'm trying to create the atmosphere that could be featured in at the event. 



---------------------------------

Should I make them my own???
At the gig, there would be blue glow sticks sold, they wouldn't necessarily have anything on them that was specifically for SYNTAX, but the colour would support the identity for that specific gig. 

I spoke to Lorenzo about whether I can just use an image of a glow stick that I think is appropriate (seeing as all I would do would be order the glow stick and photograph it myself) which takes time I DONT HAVE. 

We agreed that maybe, include some element that signifies it as syntax, similar to what I have proposed with the drinks