Tuesday 15 May 2012

DC book - finishing

I am calling it 'Cliquish' - meaning a small exclusive group of something. I feel that's what my book is to me.

Spread ideas,


I want to try and design the spreads themselves, I really like when images bleed over the spine as long as they don't compromise the image itself too much. I want each page to look different. 

My book mainly consists of my opinions, and why I was drawn to the image itself. I feel that, that's what is important for me to remember. It also helps me express my reasonings for liking work, as I feel my favoured work doesn't all fall under a very specific category. 


Still wanting to keep the hand drawn element slightly within it, I have added a few personal touches on each page. I will manipulate book further when it arrives. 





COVER IDEAS TAKEN FURTHER

I have chosen to call it A Cliquish. I like the word itself, and it helps to express the contents of the book. I want to use a photo that I found ages ago, but never got a chance to use it.

After experimenting, I have decided to either go with the image portrait, slightly cut off, or slanted. I like the slanted look as it compliments the wrap around cover I have chosen to use. It also looks a bit more misplaced which I think looks more authentic.



using an image that was on my dc blog. 







Working with the plug in. I had to copy and paste all of my pages and make sure they fit into the guidelines correctly. However some of the images I wanted them to be full bleed to they were able to fall across to the red line. 
Once resizing the resolution of all of my images, and uploading a cover as well, I ordered it!!!!


CLOSE CALL.
I didn't realise it would take SO long to print!!


28th may = arrival, also = two days before hand in!!!!