Thursday 17 May 2012

TP publication - the making of

I tend to avoid crafting and making, however, I need to make my typographic poetry folders:

I used this rough template, however I was going to have to adjust the sizings a little when it came to my publication




I made the initial fold, however the type didn't fit where I wanted it to, so I brought the fold out a little further. Unfortunately this spoiled this print, but in my photographs I can photoshop it away !!



I cut a tab out of the size of the left flap


It would then fold into the slit I made. This is a bit awkward and not as easy to close, however it's secure enough to hold the publication

Once I had done it previously, I cut it out from the love publication. This one worked better as I knew exactly what I doing.

Here with the sheets coming out, I feel they work well with the publication.


I have wondered how I could print the poems themselves, I quite like how they are just printed onto paper sheets. It seems to draw the attention fully to the poems themselves. I also like how they also seem quite classic? It seems thats how the poems are supposed to be.